Pancake days here! Well, nearly here – But I am sure it is not only me who starts lusting after pancakes right after the Christmas bloat has passed. Always looking to the next excuse to pig out 😉
Pancakes and I have never had the best relationship – its hard to get them just right. Especially now I have decided I am a fan of the fluffy type! But I seem to have found the secret ingredient. And not only does it add to the texture, it also adds a bucket load of flavour! My new favourite ingredient is banana ♥ And once youve added a few ( read a bucket load 😉 ) of chocolate chips . flakes, to the mixture – you have a fabulous fluffy pancake that doesnt need anything else! The banana keeps the pancakes moist – so no need for butter. And the small amount of brown sugar, accompanied by the chocolate – means they have just the right amount of sweetness, just the way they are!
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1tbsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 250ml Milk
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 2tbsp Coconut Oil ( any oil will do - pick your fav )
- 2 Ripe Small Bananas - mashed
- Your desired chocolate amount & type. I used 120g and it was VERY generously chocolatey
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Form a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, and add the wet into the middle ( including bananas ) - mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix well.
- Preheat your pan / griddle on a hot hob. Turn down to medium heat just before beginning to cook your pancakes. If your pan is not non stick you will need to grease it will a little oil / butter.
- Ladle the mix and spread to your desired size. I like to leave the mixture approximately 1.5cm thick.
- Once small bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake - turn over. Continue to cook until the 2nd side begins to brown.
- Remove from pan / griddle and keep warm in a low temp oven until serving.
- The recipe make approx 8 pancakes, so dont be afraid to cool some, and toast later for supper!
Next holidays Easter – Best get my chocolate thinking cap on. Shouldnt be too hard 😉
Do you prefer fluffy fat pancakes or crisp crepes? If Im honest Im pretty partial to both ♥