Muffins are friendly little cakes, that require minimum effort for maximum results. As long as you consider being able to pass a cupcake type bake, off as an exceptable snack for the early hours as a good result that is! …. but then why wouldnt you! A wonderful accompaniment to any cup of tea of coffee – and a great breakfast on the move.
- 175g Brown Sugar
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Free Range Egg
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 125ml Milk
- 2 Fairtrade Bananas - Thinly sliced
- 100g Fairtrade Dark Chocolate ( or your fav ) - Chopped up
- Preheat oven to 180c & prepare muffin trays for 12.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Create a well in the centre.
- Pour all dry ingredients into the well, followed by banana and chocolate. Stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin cases 2/4 full, and sprinkle with oats.
- Bake in oven for approx 15minutes, or until golden.
- Make sure to cool before eating - other wise they stick to their cases!
And there you have it – a sneaky breakfast treat, that even M doesnt complain about! And so easy to chop and change to suit your preferences. There will be many different additions of these bad boys in my kitchen over the coming months! I’ll also have to make a point of using my old Strawberry Crumble Muffins recipe soon – though on hindsight, they arent just so breakfast friendly…. but gee are they good! Anything that will persuade me to eat breakfast is a good start – heres to a few months of successful breakfast eating!
What do you like to eat at breakfast? Any favourite home made treats?