As National Bread Week is kicking off next week – I have one final bread inspired recipe to help get your creative juices flowing! Black Pudding and Fried Egg Potato Salad with Wheaten Bread Croutons.
Mouthful much? Yeah… But I wanted to get all the ingredients over to you in the title, to make sure you know exactly what you are in for! And they all happen to be GREAT ingredients.
Black Pudding & Fried Eggs Potato Salad with Wheaten Bread Croutons
The secret to a particularly spectaculer dish is all in the ingredients. This salad takes minimal effort – yet packs a punch when it comes to flavour. Perfect. It’s also good for breakfast. A hearty warming lunch. A quick dinner. Probably not for all three in one day though… But who’s judging!
A salad for all seasons.
As it’s great served hot. But I’m keen on a mix of hot and cold. I keep some potatoes over from a previous meal. And keep a supply of wheaten bread croutons handy when I’ve kept a loaf just a little bit too long… Which means all I need to do is fry off some black pudding & a fried egg! Hangover breakfast perhaps? Black pudding & fried egg potato salad with wheaten bread croutons – Yummers!
Laura Anne Bradley
6 minPrep Time
6 minTotal Time
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1 Baby gem Lettuce, or Mixed Leaves
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1 Slice of Wheaten Bread - Oven baked in cubes as croutons
- Black Pudding
- 2 Medium Boiled Potatoes
- A Small Amount of Your Favourite Oil for Frying
- Combine potatoes, wheaten bread croutons & baby gem lettuce with the olive oil in your serving bowl
- Heat your pan over a medium heat before crumbling black pudding - and heating through
- Add the black pudding to your salad before turning the heat up to fry the egg
- Heat a generous glug of oil in pan before gently adding your egg
- Once the egg is cooked through, but still wonderfully runny; removed and place on top of your salad
- Serve at once! Comforting goodness...
Do let me know if you give any of my #NationalBreadWeek recipes a try – during National Bread Week or not! I’d love to know how you get on!