Mid week dinners. They can be a right bore can’t they?
We always try and feed ourselves well. Sure, you already know we like to eat… and we like to eat good. But when times get a bit on the busy side ( read CHRISTMAS ) it can be a struggle to keep the dinner ball rolling.
Luckily – Matt cooked chicken on Sunday and had the foresight to not only keep some to one side but also make stock! Inspiration hit and chicken noodle soup was on the cards. Warming, satisfying, one pot wonderfulness. It will even help you ward off the dreaded winter sniffles if you add a healthy dose of chilli flakes!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Laura Anne Bradley
An easy Winter warmer. Perfect for helping you fend of that cold that's refusing to budge!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 Onion thinly sliced
- 1tbsp Dark Soya
- 1tbsp Garlic Rapeseed Oil ( or any oil you'd like )
- Chilli flakes or La Valentina Chili and Lime Powder to taste
- 3 Pints of Chicken Stock ( it's best with home made! )
- Approx 300g of cooked chicken ( we used left over from a roast )
- 150g of sweetcorn ( I used a small tin of sweet )
- 100g Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- Heat garlic oil and gently fry the onion.
- Add the chicken, dark soya and chilli - cook until the chicken starts to break up.
- Sweetcorn, stock and noodles into the pan next and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 4mins before testing noodles.
- Serve in warmed bowls with an extra sprinkle of chilli; should you desire!
In place of chilli flakes I used La Valentina Chilli and Lime Powder I bought from Picado Mexican a while back. It is my current addiction. Making almost anything a little bit more lively ♥
Chicken Noodle Soup – you’ve warmed me up. Thank you.
Share your favourite mid-week Winter warmers with me!