Cookies have long been a nemesis of mine – I’m looking to blame my old non fan oven on my constant problems and starting to attempt a few recipes now we have our shiny new fan oven! And these scrummy little snow capped mountain cookies were an awesome place to start. Easy peasy and exactly what I want in a cookie – I am going to be making these more than a few times in the near future – that’s for certain! Crunchy on the outside – one of my colleagues even refereed to them as deceptive little rocks lol – but soft and slightly gooey in the inside – total cookie success!
I took my inspiration from the gorgeous Miss Lily Pebbles for this recipe – so make sure you have a lookie over there too!
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 60ml Olive Oil ( You can use any oil, but I like the clean flavour from Olive )
- 2 Eggs
- 125g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 30g of Icing Sugar
- Mix your Cocoa Powder, Brown Sugar and Olive Oil till combined - following with one egg at a time.
- Stir in the Plain Flour, Pinch of Salt and Baking Powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- If your mix seems stable, you can start to roll your balls, otherwise you may want to chill for a short time.
- Roll mix into roughly table tennis ball size rounds - larger balls make larger cookies, this part is really up to you!
- Prepare your icing sugar by spreading it on a plate - then roll the balls of mix until each one os cover.
- Place the little balls of icing sugar covered mixture onto a lined baking tray, and gently press down. Only a little mind you, don't sqidge them! Make sure they are a few cm apart, as they do spread.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly, before devouring at once! Or move to a cooling rack for later........ (as if! )
Id love to know if you give these Cookies a go – they aren’t hard, and are soooo groovy looking. The perfect Easter treat perhaps? Im planning the try them the other way round soon, ya know with white cookies and chocolate marbling? Ill let you know how it goes! In the mean time – please let me know if you have any easy but totally awesome cookie / biscuit recipes up your sleeves!