my new love ♥
Until recently – muffins where out side of my remit! I just wasnt sure what the need was – cake is cake, why mess with it. Cupcakes where for special occasions, where prettiness was needed, otherwise – the loaf cake is where it is at!
BUT – then I realised muffins have a special place in the home – and thats breakfast!
Less butter than regular cakes ( well mines anyhow 😉 ) and not soooo much sugar. Great vehicles for fruit and added oatiness – suddenly muffins seem like a friend I am yet to meet! Couple that with the fact I can make them without getting anything dirty apart from a bowl and a spoon and I am sold!
Raspberry Muffins ( makes approx 8 large muffins )
1 egg ( whisked ) I used one med ish egg from the ladies
130ml whole milk
4 tablespoons oil ( I used ground nut oil as I had some to use up )
200g plain flour
100g caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 handfuls of frozen raspberries ( play about with the tasty bits – frozen works best )
1 small handful of rolled oats
1) preheat oven to 200c – also have your muffins trays ready to go!
2) pop all dry ingredients in a bowl and combine – create a well in the centre
3) pour all wet ingredients into the well and plop in the raspberries
4) stir till just combined – my favourite bit about this recipe is that the mix is meant to be lumpy 😀 over mixing is a sin!
5) spoon into muffin cases till around 3/4 full – pop in the over for approx 25mins
somewhat healthier ( no sugar full icingness ) – breakfast appropriate ( WHOOP ) member of the mini cake family 🙂
Oh – and also perfect with warm milk and a fire 😉 cosy winter muffins ♥
I do hope to have a chance to make cupcakes again soon though – a little person close to my heart is celebrating a 2nd birthday party soon – thatd be ideal 🙂 now just to mentally prepare some minnie mouse themed cupcakes in my head!