Some of my best food moments in the month of April. Id love to hear yours – did you have any stand out meals, or moments in April?
– Mauds ice-cream on one of the extremely sunny days we have been having ♥ Chocolate Pooh Bear – mmmmmmmmmmmm
– Meet Gus – I bought a cow, and so should you! Check it out here
– A lovely dinner at Ginger Bistro before seeing Patrick Kielty.
– Croque madame in the sunshine. A great recipe from the last issue of Olive. Comfort food at its best 😀
– Friday mornings are certainly the best time for a trip to St Georges Market if you are seafood addict like me!
– Oysters, a glass of wine and a long overdue catch up. A very good Sunday ♥
– Very happy to get my hands on some Broighter Gold #BlackGold – Black Truffle infused Rapeseed oil. So far pretty awesome with scrambled eggs. But more adventurous dishes are sure to follow shortly. Watch this space!
– Lemon cake is a favourite here. The yogurt provides extra yummy moistness. Give it a go!
– SWEETS – from Aunty Nellies. Floral gums are my current craving 🙂
– The best bagels I have ever tasted at Galway Market. One day I will add bagels to my repertoire – and if they are anything like these I am going to be extremely happy!
– A super summer salad. Even though we arent there just yet! Perfect for those sneaky Spring picnics we seem to be able to sneak in atm.
– Best Easter egg ever? Shortcross & Norr and Brown ♥
– Picnic blanket, enough said.
– Smoked Almonds are the recipe of choice atm. I am currently tweaking it bit by bit – but we will get there! The perfect smoked almond here I come 😉
– #MalbecWorldDay Tango practice – Oh la la!
– Fancy going to a chocolate factory in the middle of the Burren? More info shortly 😉
– My girls are back into the swing of things now the days are longer. Eggs anyone?
– Wild Garlic Pesto on the go. An important part of anyones April! Next up is Wild Garlic Butter….
– Another beautiful evening, another dose of outdoor dining ♦
– My personal patch of wild garlic. Too small for wild garlic pesto – but perfect for throwing into a stirfry 😀
– Some very exciting pear schnapps a friend brought back from Germany for me. Looking forward to enjoying this!
– A fabulously large plate of crab claws at Morans after a wonderful day.
– Goodies from UFUUD. This Luganega Sausage is on my reorder list 🙂
– Smoked Anchovies we picked up at the market from Tom & Ollie. Going to have to pick some more up to try on pizza!
– The kitchen garden …. slowly but surely does it. We are surely very lucky to have this area in the gardens. Though this year I intend to attempt to grow some veggies of my very own! Wish me luck….
See you soon for more food and chat! Including some exciting early May dining 😀