It’s World Nutella® Day on Sunday.
Yeah, I know. Massive PR success right?
But really, who doesn’t have a soft spot for a little bit of Nutella? It’s one of those things we just don’t keep in the house anymore. Someone* always winds up eating it out of the jar with a spoon…
Nutella isn’t glamorous – it’s not designed for gourmet dishes or mind blowing recipe design. Or in this household it’s not anyway. It’s a sneaky spoonful of pleasure that’s happy to fulfil your need for chocolatey, sugar filled goodness at a seconds notice. Therefore, my favourite Nutella recipe is the sort of recipe you can whip up at a moments notice. It even has a handle. Maybe it could accompany you in the bath… Maybe it could accompany me in the bath… Happy Galentines 💜
Nutella Mug Cake. Quick. Easy. Cake. What’s not to love?
If my jar of Nutella could have made itself into a dish, I am almost 100% sure it’d be this one. Low maintenance. Chocolate. Comfort food.
Laura Anne Bradley
1 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
3 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 1 pinch of Baking Powder
- Combine all ingredients in an large mug ( or small bowl )
- Whisk to combine, until a mix resembles a thick, smooth batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes (Start with 1 minute, then check for doneness and cook for more time, if necessary). A skewer will come out clean when ready.
- Cool slightly before decorating / eating - it will be exceptionally hot!
- I topped with squirty cream, Nutella and cocoa nibs. #Fabulous
I am sure you will have clocked the missing ingredient here. Most mug cakes seem to include an egg. I don’t think this recipe needs one. I have made Nutella mug cake, and indeed many other mug cakes before ( not so guilty pleasure ). And far too often the over riding taste seems to be egg… It’s an itty bitty cake – it comes together just fine without an egg. Yummy, squidgy brownie type cake. You could even share it between two if you wanted.
Spoiler: I didn’t.
Are you making anything for world Nutella day? Does Nutella feature in your store cupboard? Or do you have control issues when it comes to the jar of the good stuff…. Tell me all!