Eating a good meal in the evening is the perfect way to round off the day. Good company, good food – maybe a sneaky glass of red. . . #MagicInEveryMeal
But sometimes such meals can feel like a time-consuming feat at the end of a busy day/week/month, especially when you like to make as many meals from scratch as possible… however some good shortcuts do exist, and they should be treasured!
One such shortcut can be found in the form of Blue Dragon Products, and we always have one of two of the stir fry sauces in the depths of our cupboards for such emergencies. Throw in an extra pair of hands ( yes – Matt & I make a good cooking team ) and you can have dinner on the table in under 15 minutes,even for a celebrationary meal such as Chinese New Year!
I did do my marinading in the morning for this dish, which added even more flavour to the meat. However it is perfectly ok to do it for 10/15 minutes of you have not been able to plan your meal in advance. It’ll still be lush ♥
Oriental BBQ Turkey #MagicInEveryMeal
Laura Anne Bradley
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 Packet of Blue Dragon Oriental BBQ Season & Stir fry
- 400g Turkey Breast cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Blue Dragon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 3 Nests of Blue Dragon Medium Egg Noodles
- 160g Sugar Snap Peas
- 180g Baby Sweetcorn
- If you know in advance your evening is going to be tight I would advice using the season section of the Blue Dragon Oriental BBQ pack in the morning. Sprinkle over the turkey ( or whatever meat you prefer ) followed by a Blue Dragon Light Soy sauce. Leave to sit in the fridge for the day. However throwing it all together and leaving while you change into your comfies is also grand!
- Cook the Blue Dragon Medium Egg Noodles following the instructions on the packet. Drain and put to one side. This is where the second pair of hands comes in! Thanks Matt x
- Add the Coconut Oil to a large frying pan / wok on a med/high heat, followed by the seasoned turkey.
- After 4/5 minutes add Sugar Snap Peas and Baby Sweetcorn. Stir fry until heated through. Approx 3/4 minutes.
- Add the stir fry section of your Blue Dragon Oriental BBQ Season & Stir fry pack & honey ( leave this out if you wish ) to heat and follow with the noodles.
- Stir to combine - serve straight away!
- This serves two hungry folk, or 3 normal peeps!
What are your favourite go to meals when you are a little tight for time? Do you have any ‘Gourmet Shortcuts’ you’d like to share?
This post is an entry to the Foodies100 Chinese New Year recipe challenge sponsored by Blue Dragon. The range of Blue Dragon products is available in all major supermarkets at an RRP from £0.69. To find out more, visit www.bluedragon.co.uk