Picnic season it upon us – or at least it was upon us until I started drafting this post! This week included x3 picnics in the space of three days ♥ A night time delight in the courtyard with M & the furry people, a Chick Trail and luncheon picnic with Jools & her little people and a sneaky sandwich and cuppa out the back in between messages. This salad was part of the lunch time picnic – which is probably my favourite kind. Leisurely lunching suits me 😉 And this turned out to be the perfect picnic salad!
Who am I kidding – NO PREPARATION – you can chuck the ingrediants into a rucksack and whip in together on spec if you like 😉
- 4 Slices of Serrano Ham - or other similar equivalent
- 10 Mini Balls of Mozzarella
- 1/2 Large Bag of Mixed Salad Leaves - I used Rocket, Pea Shoots and Spinach
- Approx 6 large sun blushed tomatoes - in oil
- First prepare the Serrano Ham & Tomatoes. Using sharp scissors, or a knife if you want - cut them both into slender strips.Set to one side.
- Add your mixed leaves to the container you intend to transport / serve in.
- Pop the Serrano Ham, Tomatoes & Mozzarella on top - followed by a healthy glug of the oil your Tomatoes can in.
- Mix gently with open fingers.
- DONE #yum
Best enjoyed on a Tartan Picnic blanket though – so I am currently going ebay crazy looking for one the same as this beauty that Jools brought with her.