#Blogmas day 4 and we are talking seasonal beverages. Where would we be without them? My instagram feed is full to the rafters with snaps of red cups and other festive paper receptacles. But if you can’t bear the queues; or the price tags attached to these cups of sugary goodness – it is SUPER easy to whip up something just as good or dare I say it, better, in the comfort of your own home. This Winter Spiced Latte is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to easy to make winter warmers! I have a wee notion its probably a good bit better for you too – and it’s the right size to enjoy without getting that cold sugary syrup catching you out at the bottom of the giant cup.
Winter Spiced Latte
6 ingredients. It may sound like a lot, but they are all store cupboard staples… well except for the squirty cream, but feel free to use fresh. It’d be even more fabulous ♥
Laura Anne Bradley
2 minPrep Time
2 minTotal Time
- 1 or 2 shots of espresso - your personal preference!
- Frothed or warm milk to fill your choice of mug ( I used a rather large one)
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- A tiny amount of grated nutmeg
- Squirty cream!
- Heat the mug with boiling water before you begin - that latte needs to stay hot <3
- Ground Cinnamon & Maple syrup go into the mug first, stir to combine.
- Espresso into your mug second. If you don't have a coffee machine, instant will work too. Just make a short strong coffee.
- Fill the mug almost to the brim with frothy milk. Again, if you don't have a steamer just heat your milk on the stove or in the microwave. Give it all a good mix round.
- Top with cream - squirty or other wise.
- Grate a small amount of nutmeg over the cream.
- Curl up on the sofa & enjoy!
Oh and this Winter Spiced Latte will go particularly well with these Maple & Cinnamon Spiced Cookies ♥ So get your bake on 😉
Let me know if you enjoy this winter warmer. I’d love to hear what your favourite seasonal drink to make at home is. Let me know below, or gimme a shout on twitter.