I have received product from Oreo for this post. It is an entry to the Foodies100 Wonderfilled recipe challenge sponsored by Oreo, which marks the launch of two exciting new flavours: Peanut Butter and Golden. The delicious new flavours are available in all major supermarkets at an RRP of £1.08. To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/oreo.
When Foodies100 contacted me to ask if I would like to take part in their Wonderfilled recipe challenge sponsored by Oreo – I was more than pleased to give it a go! I love trying to come up with something a bit different. And to do so with one of the nations favourite biscuits? Why on earth not?!!
What I didn’t realise was that the few weeks that followed would be anything but normal, and to be honest, anything but ‘wonderfilled’.
It’s important to take time to appreciate the moments of wonder nestled into your everyday life. Even when it isn’t all going how you would have planned. And to me even though this recipe may not be ‘wonderfilled’ in the way many of the stunning entrants are ( check out this frecking awesome lion ) – these little wedges of peanutty goodness are ‘wonderfilled’ for the warming moment they offer with a cup of tea and the energy they provide to power us on through the rest of the day.
Laura Anne Bradley
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Packets of Golden Oreos
- 1 Packet of Peanut Butter Oreos
- 150g Butter
- 150g Muscovado Sugar
- 250g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 250g of Chocolate ( I used a mix of milk, dark and white )
- Pop butter and peanut butter in a pan over a low heat. Leave to slowly melt.
- Smash up your biscuits, until it resembles crumbs. Mix in the sugar.
- Once the butter is melted combine all ingredients.
- Compact firmly into a 8inch square tin.
- Melt your chosen chocolate and spread over the top.
- Leave in the fridge to set - this could take a couple of hours.
- Cut into portion size cubes - not too big as a few mouth fulls is all you need!
- Enjoy with a mug of tea and a chat with a buddy!